Revamp It – Upcycle Jewellery Workshop
September 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm| $49
Who doesn’t have a stash of unworn & broken jewellery in their bottom drawer?
It is time to transform your broken inherited and pre loved jewels to create wearable jewellery or simply just make a one off statement piece!
Saturday 16th September
Cost: $49 + materials
Venue: Breathing Colours Studio 760 Darling St Rozelle
(NEXT DOOR TO LA GRANDE BOUFFE FRENCH RESTAURANT & PLENTY OF CAFES NEARBY FOR A QUICK BITE TO EAT)
** Materials Not Included in Price
Jewellery Workshop Description
Bring your own broken treasures, beads etc & create something wearable. For example:
- convert clip on earrings to pierced or vice versa
- restring a broken strand of beads (or some collected ones) on a strong flex stainless steel wire
- glue loose or missing diamantes, brooch bars etc
- add an extension chain for extra length in a short choker
- change ear fittings to sterling silver or surgical steel if you have sensitive ears
As seen in Better Homes & Garden Magazine. Op shop necklaces re purposed by the team at Etelage!
WHAT YOU LEARN
Learn how to make simple repairs to jewellery. For example;
- Loads of finishing touches and professional tips.
- Learn how to string beads on wire and finish off with a clasp.
- Learn how to convert clipons to studs.
- Learn how to make a necklace or bracelet longer.
- Learn how to glue stones.
- Learn how to link charms & chain. (Linking is a technique used to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets and chokers.)
WHAT YOU MAKE
Whatever you bring with you on the day you can repair or be given advice on how to repair it at home.
No previous jewellery making is necessary.
Empty your jewellery box and bring along ALL your broken jewellery or things you want to recreate to make wearable again!
ABOUT YOUR JEWELLERY TUTOR:
Christine Smalley is the Founder & Creative Director of Etelage. Her signature designs are bold beaded necklaces & intricately detailed earrings. She enjoys sharing her knowledge of jewellery design in jewellery workshops & travels the globe to source beautiful artisan components. Christine draws inspiration from the modern deco 1920s style, 1960s jet set glamour & some 1970s boho chic all of which governs her artistic expression.
Can’t make the date. Register your interest for this workshop now! firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we cannot refund if you change your mind or don’t turn up. You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place! Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)