- This event has passed.
August 26, 2017 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm| $125
- Want to learn the basics of jewellery making?
- Love wearing jewellery & want to learn how to make it?
- Wanting to brush up on core technical skills?
- Want to do something creative?
- Then this workshop is for you!
Date: Saturday 26th August, 2017
Venue: BREATHING COLOURS STUDIO 760 DARLING ST ROZELLE
(next door to la COQ formally grande bouffe french restaurant, on the corner of Dension St & plenty of cafes nearby for a quick bite to eat)
Capacity: 8 (8 places left)
JEWELLERY WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION
A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN, HIGHLY STRUCTURED JEWELLERY WORKSHOP FOR THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUS ABOUT LEARNING THE EXACT FOUNDATION OF MAKING BLING.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- Learn the two most commonly used techniques in costume jewellery making (stringing and linking beads) plus
- Loads of finishing touches and professional tips
- Learn to string beads on wire and finish off with a clasp.
- How to individually link beads to make a “rosary” style bead chain. (Linking is a technique used to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets and chokers.)
WHAT YOU MAKE
- An illusion choker strung on flex wire & simple drop earrings using Czech glass crystals
- Make and finish the pieces in your choice of colour.
PRICE INCLUDES ALL MATERIALS
Receive a student participant pack on the day which will help you get started in jewellery making:
- jewellery making DVD
- booklet, bookmark & instruction sheets
- discount code for online purchases & future workshop bookings
Starter packs will also be available to purchase on the day. These packs are created for the beginner beader & include tools, beads & jewellery parts.
No previous jewellery making is necessary.
- notebook to take extra notes or your device
- reading glasses if you wear them!
- your curiousity!